Follow The Glass Chronicles

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Chapter Four. Part VI.






Chapter Four. Part VI.























































There was just one more contact on this evening of the 11th when once again Brenda introduced herself. Some of our discussion was nothing more than friendly chit-chat, and other subject matters are unclear. Her words cover more than two sides of A4 paper, so I’ll pick out what I see as the more significant passages.   

It’s obvious that I must have asked her if she knew someone, someone on her side that I imagine we’d spoken to. Whoever it was, she says, “HE’S OK IN SMALL DOSES”. Could it have been Ian? Or Sam, maybe? - I can’t recall.

She tells me, “DON’T LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR GOAL”, and to “WRITE A SONG FOR ME IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND ENERGY” - even offering a title, “STILL WITH YOU AGAINST ALL ODDS”. I’m afraid I never did get round to writing it.

From some of the conversations we’d been having with our contacts, I started to develop a notion that, contrary to how many of us would imagine an afterlife of floating around aimlessly on clouds, in fact it had been mentioned that they had work to do. Tanina had often talked of being busy; Uri told us that he counsels, and Ian mentioned the art he was producing (and exhibiting). So I asked ...  






Though the words on paper appear slightly disjointed in parts, the topic of conversation started to develop in a way that had, and still does have a profound resonance for me. 

Beginning as we did with the idea of expressing and passing on those things that are relevant to the events in one’s own life, Brenda goes on to speak of the trying and painful times, those times that we feel we could, or should do without. Most of us would  naturally tend to view those experiences as negative or bad, but here, she now presents me with a whole new angle on this subject.

TBC ...

No comments:

Post a Comment